Senior Citizen Support Groups
From support groups to social connection, SACSS is committed to supporting our senior community with their unique needs
Are you, or do you know, a senior looking for information on public benefits, health resources, or community activities? SACSS is here to help you access the services you need to keep thriving!
SACSS can help you:
- Support Your Mental Health
- Senior life comes with its challenges. SACSS offers seniors various programs such as individual and group counseling and senior support groups to address any mental health concerns.
- Senior Center
- If you’re looking for a place to have fun and engage with other seniors – SACSS has got you covered! Our twice a week senior center (Tuesdays and Thursdays) is the place for seniors to have fun and engage with each other! We host recreational activities like Bollywood Night, Antakshari, collage-making workshops, reading groups, and much more to foster a vibrant senior community. Seniors are also served healthy breakfast and lunch/supper.
- Workshops On Senior Life
- Your concerns and questions about living a vibrant, healthy, and independent life are the focus of SACSS’s interactive seniors’ workshops. Offered in a variety of South Asian languages, our workshops discuss mental health, healthy eating, combating isolation, relationship building and more. We also partner with local hospitals and health experts on some of our workshops and bring in health experts to address your health questions in a culturally sensitive space.
- Access Public Benefits
- As a senior, and as an immigrant, what benefits are available to you? We can help! Our team can help connect you to a range of benefits – including Medicare Savings Program (MSP), Medicaid – spend down, SNAP, SSI, Access-a-Ride, SCRIE, DRIE, and Senior Metrocard. Whether you need help applying or understanding your eligibility, we’re with you every step of the way.